The Health Datapalooza 2014 Code-a-Palooza challenge is now open for submissions! Teams will use newly-released Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) data to create interactive data visualization tools to help consumers improve their health care decision-making. Prizes totaling $35,000 will be awarded.
- Wednesday, April 9 – Code-a-Palooza opens for submissions
- Friday, April 25 – Visualization proposals of no more than 750 words due
- Friday, May 2 – Top five to ten finalists notified
- Throughout May – Finalists build out visualization tools
- June 1-3 at Health Datapalooza – Finalists present a live demo to a panel of judges and winners are announced
Why should you participate?
- Code-a-Palooza applicants will be eligible for a discounted Health Datapalooza registration rate of $195
- Finalists receive two complimentary registrations to Health Datapalooza 2014
- Gain recognition for your team and network with leaders in healthcare
- First place team awarded $20,000, second place $10,000 and third $5,000
To learn more about this year’s Code-a-Palooza challenge and submit your proposal, please visit the Health Datapalooza website.
Watch a video of last year’s winners, Hippocratic Code from Medstar Institute for Innovation, to learn more about the Health Datapalooza Code-a-Palooza experience.