Helping accelerate scientific discovery in the Mental Health Research Field
We have designed and implemented the leading data sharing platform at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). More information is available via: ( https://data-archive.nimh.nih.gov/ ) This platform has expanded to include all human subjects research data related to mental health and will soon support other research areas.
US citizenship and ability to pass an MBI/Public Trust investigation required in order to access federal job sites and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We need a "doer" who can help monitor, identify and resolve, with enough technical savvy to understand new vulnerabilities and collaborate with the rest of the team on resolving them. You will support as many of the following tasks as possible:
- Provide expert technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Assess system design/architecture as well as defining, and advising Information Security compliance with FISMA
- Moderate and/or NIST SP 800-53 controls (part of FedRAMP) and FIPS 140-2
- Tasks includes incident response, system access approval, audit log review, and consultations/consulting on security issues
- Initiate protective and corrective measures when incident or vulnerabilities are discovered
- Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of systems in order to protect infrastructure from emerging cyber threats
- Conduct forensic traffic/log analysis to isolate issues or respond to analyst alerts
- Respond to escalated troubleshooting requests
- Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports as required
- Perform/support integration testing as required.Candidate will work with IT groups to configure IT systems with security as a requirement
- Work with developers, system engineers, project managers, and internal clients to identify the level of protection systems will need and will need to understand and be able to identify what changes or processes will satisfy security requirements
- Work with IT groups to configure IT systems with security as a requirement
- Execute processes to implement technical solutions to address vulnerability findings
- a 2 or 4 year degree in a Scientific or Technical discipline is preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience in IT, with 1-3 years network engineering and/or sys admin side of the coin, in a Linux/Unix environment (not Windows). This should include time with your "hands on the guts of a server” supporting communication protocols, installation, trouble shooting, etc at the server level
- Strong preference for some/any level of hands-on IA/Cyber security on the system side. Could be any experience installing, hardening, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter and/or Cyber security technologies, or forensic support for intrusion detection and incident response & repair
- Additional experience with IA compliance, accreditation, certification, etc is a plus; this would be working with and understanding of things like: FISMA Moderate and/or NIST SP 800-53 controls (part of FedRAMP), and FIPS 140-2
- 1+ years SQL experience
- Flexibility; understand the environment is evolving and able to understand how to apply yourself for the betterment of the client and team. You can’t have a personal IT agenda
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects with an intensely goal oriented team
- US citizenship and ability to pass an MBI/Public Trust investigation required in order to access federal job sites and systems.
- CISSP certification or equivalent (CAP, GSLC, CISM)
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or similar cloud infrastructure experience
- System design and development experience
- Strongly prefer skills with data management, such as familiarity/connectivity with Oracle or similar databases, or very basic DBA or database design concepts
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as BASH, PERL, Python or AWK
Please apply directly via our web site: https://www.omnitecinc.com/index.php/current-job-openings/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
What kind of role is it?
Any restrictions who can apply?
US citizenship is required