Basic Functions and Responsibilities
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. This position functions as a problem solver, a consultant and a high-level programmer.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership on high visibility projects to identify and resolve issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams—communicate results and recommendations to project sponsors, customers and various senior-level audiences, including physicians and physician leader.
- Define, frame, engineer and implement creative solutions to complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues using knowledge of advanced analytics, data science and machine learning.
- Participate in various aspects of the model-building process, including problem and solution envisioning, extracting and representing data, model development, and operational implementation.
- Leverage knowledge of causal and statistical inference to help customers and leadership proactively identify opportunities for improvement and help decision makers choose optimal solutions.
- Implement, drive, promote, and support integration of machine learning and other advanced analytical models with Epic EHR system.
• Demonstrate leadership and willingness to teach others and learn.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente’s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, physical or biological sciences, or related field required, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree. Masters degree preferred.
- Three to five years programming required.
- Exceedingly strong creative/lateral/synthetic thinking skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to discover and extract unseen value from data with a strong bias to action
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Intermediate SQL skills—for example, general database design principles, UDFs, CTEs, views, stored procedures, dynamic SQL, query optimization, etc.
- ntermediate Python skills—for example, working with database connections, SciPy/NumPy/Pandas, data structures, functional programming, package management, etc.
- Other programming languages a plus.
- General understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistics.
- Familiarity with SDLC, Agile, XP, Git, and issue tracking tools preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, clinical and/or medical informatics, and healthcare concepts preferred.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Where is the role?
What kind of role is it?