Alternate Job Title: Junior Clinical Data Curator
If you enjoy hands-on work with things like universal data definitions, data curation, data harmonization or data QA/QC, this is the job for you!
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc has an employment opportunity available in Rockville, Maryland (20855). As defined in our press release, OMNITEC Solutions has been awarded a 5-year contract to expand its model research data sharing / computational science infrastructure (see data-archive.nimh.nih.gov) in support of neurosciences research at the NIH.
This is a unique professional opportunity to use your skills helping organize large, complex data sets making them broadly available to the scientific community supporting neuroscience research. This is a hands-on position versus people or project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Using your science, research, and overall data management skills, you will help organize large, complex data sets making them broadly available to the scientific community. The focus of this position is to help harmonize and QA large amounts of scientific data. In helping manage this research/scientific data, you will have heavy interfacing with end-users who are Researchers, Scientists, or data managers.
- A degree is required, preferably in life sciences, bioinformatics, or related field.
- 1+ years hands-on experience with big and complex data sets is required, with any experience managing scientific or medical data like MRI data files, next-gen sequencing, etc., a big plus;
- Strong data management concepts and experience with a relational database and/or complex Excel files, with any SQL and/or Scripting skills preferred;
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects with an intensely goal oriented team;
- The flexibility and dedication to deliverables allowing you to take on multiple roles and shifting priorities based on end-user priorities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include demonstrable past work performance and/or assignments requiring active interaction with Researchers, Analysts, other technical staff, and end users.
- US Citizenship is required along with the ability to pass a Minimal Background Investigation/MBI to ensure your access to client systems and work sites.
Additional Helpful Skills:
- Amazon Web Services / AWS or other Cloud technologies;
- Graph based analysis tools;
- Proficiency with scripting languages;
- any experience with universal data definitions;
- clinical assessments (clinical trial experience is a plus)
Please appy directly via this job post:
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Where is the role?
Rockville, MD 20855
What kind of role is it?
Any restrictions on who can apply?
US citizenship required due to federal agency system access