In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice Hotels we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At Choice, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. Choice brings together people, brands, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
Choice Hotels is seeking a Senior Analyst, Predictive Analytics to develop both customer level modeling for targeted marketing efforts and hotel level modeling. The Senior Analyst will execute models and own the process from understanding the business need and testing initial hypotheses to working with Data Development team to operationalize models.
What you will do...
- Execute modeling initiatives that drive key decisions and insights across the enterprise. Work closely with Business Analytics to address strategic and operational needs across the enterprise with statistical models, such as, but not limited to:
- Customer level propensity modeling in support of Marketing and Loyalty efforts
- Transaction level fraud detection model
- Hotel level propensity modeling to determine what hotels are best suited for specific initiatives
- Bottom up forecasting of key performance metrics for the enterprise
- Determining drivers of overall hotel performance based on market factors, product quality, and Choice initiative participation
- Ensure forecast accuracy for enterprise wide pricing optimization model
- Site level predictions for hotel development, to prioritize markets and opportunities for new hotels
- Support data ingestion efforts from third parties including Experian data, Moody’s, Hotel Compete, and Dun & Bradstreet
- Work with the Data Development team, drive the ingestion of new 3rd party sources to improve model effectiveness and business insights.
- Execute model updates to existing predictive models on a regular (frequency depends on use case of the original model) basis to account for changes to Choice’s business dynamics.
- Support the Predictive Modeling “Center of Excellence” in ensuring requirements for predictive analytics capabilities are incorporated into Choice’s new data analytics infrastructure. Predictive Modeling “Center of Excellence” will focus on current capabilities as well as new capabilities such as machine learning with distributed computing and embedding model outputs into interactive data visualizations.
- Perform migrating and testing of existing models and development of new models in new environment.
Skills you have...
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Econometrics, Math, Statistics, Quantitative Social Science or related major required (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 2-3 years of Excel and SQL, SAS/R required
- Proficiency Python, Stata, MATLAB is a plus
- 2-3 years of building predictive models and employing modeling techniques such as GLM, logistic regression, decision trees, and clustering required.
- Experience using inferential statistics, geospatial analysis, machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Must be an energized self-starter who can work independently; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Results oriented – delivers results under pressure and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Active learner – able to enhance personal, professional and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries’ standards and practices.
- Experience modeling different types of data including panel data, time series, geospatial and cross-sectional
- Experience with data mining, data preparation, consolidation, imputation, transformation, interaction, variable reduction, scripting and programming
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Hive/Map Reduce technologies is a plus
- Experience in analyzing effectiveness and ROI of programs is a plus
- Experience with A/B testing a plus
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to report analysis and conclusions in written reports and oral presentations.
- Strong project management skills leveraged across managing multiple projects for different business stakeholders
- Must be able to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect
- Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of accountability, collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, and respect.
Where is the role?
What kind of role is it?