Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is looking for a confident Senior Research Associate to lead a team of motivated professionals in work that may impact the quality of health care for millions of people. The Senior Research Associate will link diverse structured data sets tracking lifestyle, health decisions, health care, and health payments as it relates to injury, disease, recovery, and wellness. The Senior Research Associate will analyze variance within the linked data using statistical approaches such as ANOVA, multiple regression, and factor analysis. The Senior Research Associate will achieve these objectives through individual effort and by directing the work of a research team devoted to assist them.
The ideal candidate will be a key driver for the project, analytical, detail driven, and possess excellent problem-solving skills. Your passion, creativity, and interest are equally as important as your education, mathematical understanding, and past experience.
- Construct, link, clean, and create accessible documentation for large datasets
- Apply quantitative methods to statistically analyze health data and to especially seek patterns and associations within the variance of multiple independent and dependent health variables.
- Synthesize and bring to bear contemporary relevant published literature
- Assure the integrity and the high quality of all work product
- In collaboration with our Health Care Policy Expert assign, write, compile, and edit the final project report to Congress
- Manage organizational aspects of the project such as by creating a project plan, assigning and tracking tasks, approving timesheets, and composing status reports
- Ensure that the needs of all customers are met timely, accurately, and professionally
To be considered for this role, candidate must have:
- 3+ years (required) or 7+ years (preferred) progressively increasing experience in data analytics, statistical research, and report writing.
- Candidates must demonstrate success in past projects of similar size and scope..
- Candidates must demonstrate success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers, and business partners.
- Required Personal Skills:
- Demonstrated excellence in statistically analyzing variance
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated excellence in assigning, writing, and editing published research
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, think independently, and give direction
- Act with high integrity, professionalism, and devotion to team development
- Be creative, professional, and accustomed to take initiative
- Perform well under deadline
- Data analysis using SAS, Oracle, SQL, Excel, and/or other databases
- Report preparation using Tableau, Power BI, or other BI tools
- Master’s Degree (required) PHD (preferred) in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant quantitative field
- 3+ years (required) or 7+ years (preferred) work experience in economics, health, education, public policy, or related fields
- Knowledge of data analysis and data management techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Desired skills and experience:
- Prior experience supporting the health care or health insurance industries.
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles (e.g., XLC).
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- SAS Certification
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Where is the role?
What kind of role is it?