This position is not-to-exceed four years, with the option to extend an additional four years.
The position is located in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and oversees the strategy, policy, governance, and management of the SEC's data and information assets.
As a Chief Data Officer, you will serve as the chief executive of data and information, strategy, policy, governance, and management.
Typical duties include:
- Providing overall direction and oversight to a broad set of functions that support the SEC's data and information needs.
- Providing executive direction and strategic leadership in the development, dissemination and implementation of SEC-wide data standards, policy, reports and publications requirements.
- Coordinating with SEC officials on the use, protection, and generation of data to ensure that the data needs of the agency are met.
- Making short- and long-term plans to build the requisite operational capabilities for managing the SEC's data and information assets including infrastructure needs, business practices, management roles, and performance measures for the CDO program.
- Collaborating with SEC divisions and offices to develop a cohesive strategy and vision for data and information management at the agency.
- Working closely with key agency officials for areas such as information technology, information security, FOIA, and records management to ensure efficient and effective programmatic support to SEC stakeholders.
Learn more at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543461400