Voto Latino seeks a Data & Analytics Director to build a program to track, support, and optimize our rapidly growing online and offline outreach to young and diverse voters. We know that Latinx voters are poised to be the largest minority voting bloc in 2020, with more than 800,000 Latinx citizens become eligible to vote each year. Voto Latino, building on a track record of organizational successes since 2004, is ready to take on this challenge, with the guidance and support of a great Data & Analytics Director.
This position will work across teams -- field, political, digital, communications -- and act as the central data resource and key strategist for all of Voto Latino’s campaigns and programs. This position will be responsible for building and implementing sophisticated targeting programs nationally for both our growing online and on-the-ground efforts. There will be a strong focus on key states for civic and electoral engagement, working with data vendors, visualizing data and analytics, learning from historic and contemporary data, and managing Voto Latino’s voter outreach data.
The ideal candidate should be a creative, data driven, analytical individual who likes to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with an eye towards using data to foster change.
This position will report to the Managing Director and work collaboratively across departments.
● Provide teams with regular reports on various data projects and work closely with the field and digital teams for data analysis, tracking progress to goal and programmatic growth
● Advise leadership on volunteer and voter registration activity, as well as targeted state’s progress, priorities, and challenges
● Create and implement data plans for on-the-ground programs and digital programs
● Serve as one of the liaisons between Voto Latino team and key data vendors/partners, such as: Every Action, Mobile Commons and Hustle
● Train staff and volunteers to effectively utilize data and available tools for voter outreach
● Work with Digital and Campaigns teams to manage a national and state database of program activity and member activism
● Act as a point of reference for research on engaging young and Latinx voters as well as voter outreach and registration best practices
● Perform other duties as assigned
● 3 to 5 years of successful experience in a data and analytics role
● Advanced Excel and at least one of the following: SQL, R and/or Python
● Experience administering VAN or EveryAction (or other CRM) and managing data across multiple tools and databases such as EveryAction, MobileCommons, Hustle and Redshift
● Ability to build reports, compelling data visualizations and maps, using tools such as Tableau
● Strong interpersonal skills and experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
● Demonstrated analytical creativity, problem-solving abilities and experience managing data programs
● Excellent leadership development skills, be a strong self-starter, have experience with communication via data analysis, and grassroots organizing experience
● Knowledge of Google Analytics is desired but not required
● Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines
● Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latinx civil rights and/or issues of social justice
● Travel may be required
● Must be based or be willing to move to the Washington, DC area
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Data & Analytics Director” in the subject line.
ABOUT VOTO LATINO
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.