Job Title: Cloud Analytics Developer / Data Scientist
Location: Springfield, VA (90%) and McLean, VA (10%)
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: Total compensation includes a competitive salary, cash and strategic incentives, professional development and comprehensive benefits
Years of Experience: 5 years minimum experience in scope, more desired
Education: Bachelor's required (Masters Degree preferred, PhD desired) in hard sciences (STEM)
Clearance: Active DoD TS//SCI (non-negotiable)
This position is open and funded with an immediate start following reasonable notice.
Job Description: This is an analytic modernization activity supporting the U.S. Intelligence Community focused on the geospatial mission domain. The work environment is very positive and co-located with ATA’s customer. You will be supported off-site by a strong team of data scientists and full stack engineers that are familiar with the goals of the project to call upon as needed. In addition, you will be working closely with other ATA teammates on-site along with scientists and engineers from other companies. You will have the opportunity to work with and leverage cloud-based technologies and explore opportunities to innovate, especially as the project meets milestones and evolves.
Must haves to be considered for this position:
- Agent based modeling experience, including work with neural networks, Bayesian networks, Merkle trees, and related technology associated with complex probabilistic algorithm development
- Hands-on software coding experience;
- Experience with functional programming languages, Clojure experience preferred, but a willingness to learn and adopt these skills quickly can supersede experience with any particular language;
- Object oriented coding experience is required in languages such as Java to learn to adopt functional programming languages;
- Experience with containerization, such as Docker;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Experience in DevOps;
- Experience with cloud-based architectures, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud;
- Experience in microservices implementation and deployment;
- Experience with database systems (e.g. SQL or related technologies);
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) tools, such as Jenkins or other related build executor tools;
- Familiarity with Unit testing, Integration testing;
- Strong skills in workflow;
- A willing ness to learn and work in a collaborative work environment;
- Good communication skills.
General personal traits we know will connect well with the team:
- An ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly;
- Can learn technology on the fly;
- A strong track record of delivery;
- Enjoys working in an Agile team environment;
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment pushing the technology envelope;
- Technology and methodology agnostic but knows when to apply the right tool to the requirement;
ATA, LLC (Advanced Technology Applications) is “The Full Stack Data Science Company” focused on providing scalable, sustainable capabilities to improve organizational performance, optimize investments, reduce risk and gain competitive advantage (i.e. using data as a strategic asset). ATA integrates across all aspects of data science: from strategy, data management, collection & ingestion and data architecture, to analytics, visualization and access. We deliver strategy driven data science maturity, creating flexible and cost-effective enterprise services (i.e. Data-as-a-Service and Analytics-as-a-Service) and continuous capability development and delivery (DevOps, AI/ML, algorithms, analytics, etc.). ATA's core team of highly educated and experienced scientists and technologists, full stack developers, business analysts and subject matter experts provides a powerful end-to-end capability following the entire data life-cycle. ATA is presently engaged with a diverse group of federal and commercial customers.
Summary of Benefits:
We expect each member of our team to fully engage creatively and work collaboratively and perform each day to the best of their ability. To support this, we have created a benefit package focused on professional growth, achieving a healthy work-life balance, and participating in the long-term success of the company. Our benefits include: five weeks paid time off; an Employee Stakeholder Strategic Incentive Program (ESSIP); continuous learning culture with PlusOne (Monthly mini-TEDx-like events), Internal Investment Projects (IIP), meet-ups and other professional development activities; performance incentives that include spot bonuses and recruiting bonuses; 3% 401k Safe Harbor contributions; Medical/Dental/Vision, Long & Short-term Disability, AD&D insurance, and Life Insurance.